INVITATION TO SERVE ON THE AUDIT AND RISK COMMITTEE (3 MEMBERS)
Vuselela TVET College with its Head Office situated in Klerksdorp hereby invites applications from suitably qualified persons to serve as members of its Audit and Risk Committee.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
The successful candidates will be appointed for an initial period of 3 years, which may be renewed. The contract will be reviewed annually based on performance an attendance.
PROPOSED MEETING INTERVALS
The Audit and Risk Committee will meet at least four times per annum but if circumstances demand special meetings may be held.
Audit and Risk Committee members will be remunerated in accordance with the requirements of Treasury Regulations and published DHET circulars.
Applications are invited from individuals who meet the following criteria:
- At least an appropriate Bachelor’s Degree
- Registration as CA (SA), CIMA, CIA or any other relevant professional qualification will serve as an added advantage
- At least 5 years management experience in the field of accounting, auditing, legal and/or risk management
- Working knowledge of the PFMA, Treasury Regulations, and other related public sector legislation
- An understanding of the College mandate
- Understanding of the role of internal and external audit
- Sound knowledge of the principles of corporate governance
- Experience in or knowledge of public finance and/or the public sector.
The members will amongst other duties perform the following:
- Review the annual financial statements of the College
- Review the effectiveness of internal controls, risk management, accounting policies including the adequacy, reliability and accuracy of financial information
- Review the performance of the college against approved targets and ensure effective performance evaluation and management
- Oversee effective corporate governance including compliance to the PFMA and other applicable legislation and best practice
- Review the internal audit plan and monitor the effectiveness of internal audi
- Review management’s resolution of internal and external audit findings.
The Audit Committee may be required to respond to the Council in terms of any issues raised by the Auditor-General in the audit report or carry out investigations on the College financial affairs.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY
Forward your application with your comprehensive CV, inclusive of certified copies of educational qualifications and Identity Document, to the Principal, Vuselela TVET College, Private Bag X10107, Klerksdorp, 2570 or hand deliver to Vuselela TVET College, Corporate Centre, 8 Bram Fischer Street, Klerksdorp.
14 October 2016 before 13:00.
Principal, Ms A Naik, Telephone number: 018 406 7800.